VWORLD is a software development company, specialized in 3D real-time terrain visualization.
It is in charge of developing, licensing and exploiting the proprietary rights of the VWorldTerrain© technology. It commercializes its own line of proprietary software and terrain database products and sells associated software development services (Windows /Linux, tablets & smartphones):
- VWorldTerrain real-time 3D procedural rendering technology
- vieWTerra Platform 3D Earth viewer, terrain building and scenario creation suite of tools
- vieWTerra Base 15m global true-colour imagery and 90m elevations (DEM) mosaic
VWORLD was formed in May 2004 on the basis of years of research pursued in the Video Game industry on how to render large outdoor scenes in real-time 3D. It is headquartered in the Center of Excellence Jean-Louis, Fréjus, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France, and has also established a presence in Asia (HK) and America (Del.)
VWORLD today counts customers in the Aeronautics, Space & Defense, Town & Country Planning and Mining industries, among which world-renowned contractors.
VWorldTerrain© technology is based an original concept of procedural calculations, tailor-made for real-time 3D terrain rendering. It allows to display infinite worlds in a seamless way:
e.g. entire Earth from Space
with any element defined down to the centimeter:
Combined with massive satellite data (Imagery, DEM, LandCover, meteorological data) or other types of data (aerial imagery, GIS info, footprints, Ecoregions) it allows to render geotypical to geospecific 3D scenes around the entire surface of Planet Earth with a high level of detail and great feeling of immersion.
VWorldTerrain therefore recreates all types of true-to-life 3D landscapes (deserts, forests, mountains, cities, etc) with accurate topography and local vegetation, variable weather conditions (wind, rain, snow, mist, sand and snowstorms...) and advancing time (night-day continuum, management of seasons, dynamic shadows and lights).
Its Globe rendering algorithms would also allow to render other planets in the Solar system like Mars.
The vieWTerra Platform allows our customers in the Modeling & Simulation industry to integrate their own satellite (Imagery, DEM) or aerial data, and assets (3D objects, buildings, trajectories, physics, animations…) on a strikingly realistic 3D Earth viewer in order to create their own custom georeferenced 3D scenes at any location on the entire surface of the Earth in a fast and convenient manner.
- 3D real-time Earth Viewer: visualize and travel the entire surface of the Earth in all directions from the seabeds to beyond stratosphere
- Databases Integration Tool: integrate accurate DEM and Imagery data into the 3D Viewer, no limitations to the size of areas generated
- 3D Editor Tool: create and record scenes in a very intuitive manner via click and drop interface from the vieWTerra Bank of Objects, import of your own 3DS objects via the 3D Objects Integrator
- SDK/libraries: import and animate your objects via scripts, manage your assets’ trajectories via UDP protocols, import/export datasets, program your own custom applications…
vieWTerra Base is a 15m global true-colour imagery mosaic, built from Landsat 7 satellite imagery with a 90m elevation mosaic, including Antarctica. The 90m DEM mosaic derives from best available data, allowing to make up for the missing data in the SRTM version and provide for more accurate coastal regions.
The RGB mosaic is scheduled for release in June 2013, at 29 metres in vieWTerra Platform format, and at 14,5 metres in GeoTIFF format. The 90-metre DEM mosaic will also be available in GeoTIFF and vieWTerra Platform format. Bathymetry (seabeds) at 1 km resolution will be supplied in vieWTerra Platform format.
This mosaic is built from Landsat GeoCover 2000, 15-metre false colour data (7,4,2 channels). It covers all countries around the world.